Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tears....his and mine!

So today was going to be better for Thomas at camp. He was excited to go, he wanted to carry his lunchbox, we laughed all the way to school. And then, 2 steps before the door of the classroom......BAM......the tears began. I had to pry him off my legs and try to sound chipper as I headed for the door. That was a terrible, horrible, awful feeling. I called after about 30 minutes to make sure he had settled down. They said he was okay, but was looking really tired. I knew he was up before 6:30 today, so I told them I'd come pick him up 30 or 45 minutes early. I didn't hear anything else from them. When I picked him up, he started crying as soon as he saw me. Apparently he again cried on and off while he was in the classroom, and anytime another kid cried, he did too. He did better on the playground. He was sighing and sniffling all the way home. When we got home, I checked his lunch and found out he didn't eat much. We finished that up and tried to wind down a little bit. He kept leaning against me, saying, "home", "home" and then smiling at me. Good grief....I gotta do this again on Thursday?

No comments: