Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

a letter

Dear Thomas,
Yes, you are cute and charming. Yes, I love love love to hear what you have to say. I really cherish each minute we have together.

Now, having said that, it's clear I am not specific enough. I do not find you charming at naptime if you are awake....the cuteness exponentially decreases the more you talk and squirm and cry. I do not love to hear what you have to say at 5:30 in the morning.....especially when it has anything to do with needing me to get out of bed. I am not really loving the minutes we are working on decreasing the temper tantrums that are increasing because you are overtired.

So, though it is a familiar refrain in your short little life- Go to sleep. Stay asleep. Sleep longer.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Leah said...

Ah, yes, he's smack in the middle of the 'terrible two's'. Earl says to tell you that little problems get bigger - and more precious.
This is for both of the blogs - well, really all 3 of them.