Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When I talked to people about the fact that Tara and I were going to have a child, they all told me of the great things to expect.  I had visions of first fishing trip, helping to learn to ride a bike, playing catch in the yard, teaching to drive.  When our precious son was 18 months old, I was quite surprised to hear my wife say, "Stop licking the front door, please."  And today, when our smart, funny, charming son is 4 and a half years old, while preparing dinner in the kitchen, I heard my wife say to our son, "Is that spit in your hands? No, don't drop it on our carpet!"  These are some of the things they forget to tell you.  And then at dinner, we had the best group conversation we've had in a long time, sharing what Thomas and Tara had both learned on their trip to the museum today.  Apparently Fernbank had a featured exhibit called "The Scoop on Poop."  Fully engaged and involved in recalling an telling all he details of colors, shapes, and international names of poop!  Awesome!

No comments: