Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Homemade Baby Food is Gross!


So, Thomas prefers Gerber to homemade. I'm trying not to be offended, but come on. I slave away making homemade baby food, just to have him make a face like I've given him something I dug up in the back yard :-) I'm reduced to using 1/2 homemade 1/2 Gerber and weaning him to the real stuff little by little. Our friend Kelly explained this is the beginning- McDonald's is better than anything, mac and cheese in a box beats the kind you make in the oven, etc. etc. We'll keep trying - maybe the kid will actually like vegetables- yeah, right!

Other than the insults to my cooking, he's great - getting bigger by the minute and he used a sippy cup for the first time yesterday! He can't hold it, but learned to drink out of it a little. It was really funny and I can't wait for him to try again. He held his bottle for a few seconds today by himself. I'm not sure he really meant to, but there it was. Big fun for Spring Break!

No comments: