Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reflections on Growing Up

Thomas went back to school today for the last 3 weeks of summer camp. He was happy to go and marched right to his room greeting everyone on the way. It was bittersweet I have to admit. I am glad he is back in school...he needs some time away from me and I definitely need some time to work and do some other things away from him! However, it's always hard to turn him over to someone else :)

Thinking about this time last summer he was clutching my leg begging me not to leave him at that wretched summer camp. Now, I have to remind him to give me a hug and a kiss before he runs into his classroom. I am thrilled that he loves school- I really like his school and think that he is just blossoming there. I am also thrilled that he is becoming such an independent little person. He is curious, engaged and we all know the boy can talk.

Tom and I were talking with a friend a couple of weeks ago and it hit us that our kids are getting to the age where they are actually going to start remembering things. I guess we better try not to give him too many memories to share with his future therapist - hahahahaha!

No comments: