Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Big Changes

Thomas is fast approaching 3 years old. It's hard to believe! He's so grown up in so many ways...and such a little one in so many others.

We made a hard decision. I am returning to work full time outside of the home. It's been wonderful being at home with him these last few years, but contract work from home just isn't cutting it - financially or emotionally. So, it's back to work I go.

I will be joining a college prep independent school here in town. I will be a Middle School Counselor and Upper School Academic Coach. It's a very similar job to what I did before with a very different population of children. It's a new job for them - and so an exciting opportunity for me to help create this role. At the same time, I admit that I re-enter the "outside the house" workforce with some anxiety about leaving my little one. I think he will transition to it more easily than me!

For this school year we will leave Thomas in his current preschool. My new job has agreed to a flexible schedule for me so I can take him to school Tues, Wed and Thurs. We are interviewing nannies right now to be with Thomas the rest of the time.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo Wow! Big stuff! Congrats on the new job. Extra good wishes on leaving Thomas, though. Having never done it myself, i can only imagine how hard it must be. But, you're strong, and he's amazing! (well actually you all are amazing!!)

Leah said...

I echo Carol's thoughts! When did you say you started? I read the blog yesterday, but this is the first I've had to respond - and I didn't re-read it.
We will be thinking about you all.
Also, loved the "Curb Appeal"!!! Have watched it a couple of times more.

Thomas' Mom said...

Hi Leah. I start on October 1st. Hopefully we will get a nanny hired soon. The one we liked got a job offer closer to her house...drat :)