Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just like Jack!

We are headed to a garden birthday party this afternoon, so yesterday Thomas and I went to Lowe's to buy the little girl a present. We found a pretty pink bucket that is a daisy growing kit. It was really cute and we agreed to buy that. Well, actually, here's how the first conversation went.

Me: What should we get Elle for her birthday?
Thomas: A truck.
Me: I don't think Elle likes trucks.
Thomas: Hmmmm.......a digger?
Me: I don't think Elle likes trucks and diggers.
Thomas: .....(quiet)......(quiet)....... (He just remained speechless and confused that she wouldn't want a truck or digger for her birthday).

Back at Lowe's.....

As we were getting the bucket to put in our cart he noticed a green one with a beanstalk and asked, "What's that?" I told him it was a beanstalk. His eyes got really big and he said, "Just Like Jack?" Yep.....Jack and the Beanstalk!

I'm sure you can guess the ending.

We are growing a beanstalk at our house.

Don't even get me started on the watermelon in the cup.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I wonder if this is how my father got started in agriculture for being a city boy???

Farm Extension here comes Thomas!