Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Discovery- Argh!

On a really positive note, Thomas loves his class and his teachers. He likes to play with all his new little friends and when Tom drops him at his classroom door he has to ask for a hug because Thomas is running into the classroom.

Discovery is what they call the After School Program. Thomas is there for about 45 minutes M-Th and 90 minutes on Friday (they dismiss early that day) so that I can leave my job and get to him.

It's basically play time and snack for the kids after school.

Thomas does not like it. In fact, he cries.

Every.
Single.
Day.

Sometimes on and off the whole time he is there. Today his classroom teacher told me she can tell when he starts thinking about it as the afternoon progresses because he gets more upset as time passes.

At dinner last night he said, "I think I'm not going to cry but then the cry just comes."

Heartbreaker.

I hope that soon the cry just doesn't come.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Awwwwww!

Fetch said...

I think the only kids that actually like afterschool programs end up becoming bullies. How's that for an overgeneralization -- but I'd take this as a good sign, in a way.