Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21, 2008

Bleary Eyed

I haven't written in fear that people will flock here worried about my sanity-hahaha! In reality, we are struggling. Thomas is still waking up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep - last night he woke up at 3:50 am and was awake for an hour, then went back to sleep until 6:00. I, true to form, never went back to sleep. Fortunately, I was completely exhausted from the 5 hours of sleep the night before and had gone to bed early. It's looking like I'm going to have to go to bed when Thomas does! We are sticking with our routine at bedtime and making sure we are consistent with what we do in the middle of the night (we give him time to try to go back to sleep, do a diaper change if he's still crying, and then leave and don't go back). The earlier bedtime has helped him go to sleep easier, but the night waking thing is killing us. Hopefully this too shall pass and I'll forget how tired I was at this time of my life. Wish us luck some more :-)

No comments: