Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No Swaddle


We've gotten rid of Thomas's swaddle at night. He was waking us up in the middle of the night because he was bustin' loose! Of course when Tom came in to reswaddle he was giddy with delight at the thought of playing with Daddy. Well, you can imagine the screaming when he was put right back in his crib and the door was closed... he clearly didn't realize that 2:30 AM is not playtime-hahaha. We decided enough was enough and we were going cold turkey.

YIKES - he cried/screamed/wailed/pleaded for 35 minutes last night and 30 minutes tonight. Hopefully this will decrease more and more once he gets used to going to sleep with his arms free. So far though, we are not enjoying it one little bit. We have noticed over the past few days that he's not going to sleep as easily, but he's tired earlier - he just doesn't seem like he's really himself from his last nap until bedtime. Who knows?

Maybe one day I won't have to worry about Thomas's sleep and our lack of it - that would be GREAT!

ps- Tomorrow is my last day at work. I've been given the okay to work from home, so I will be able to earn a little income as people need me and I will do what I can from home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

VERY COOL! I was kinda worried about the finances for y'all, but knowing that you'll more or less just be working from home is good news. That school has been so wonderful to you both ... of course they know they've got good people when they've gotem!